Updated: 17 Dec 02
US Army seal  US Navy seal


USMLM's Decorations

USMLM Decorations


How do I obtain a medal?

The medals cited on this website is based on our research of available records. There could be more
medals we have not heard about. 

Below is a quote from page 63 of the VA Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents manual, 2000 edition, on requesting medals. The full manual is located on line at the VA website at 


Medals awarded while in active service are issued by the appropriate
service if requested by veterans or, if deceased, their next of kin.

Requests for medals from the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard
should be sent to the:

U.S. Navy Liaison Office, National Personnel 
Records Center, Room 3475, 9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.

Requests for medals from the Army should be sent to the:

U.S. Army Reserve Personnel Center
ATTN: ARPC-VSE, 9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Requests for medals from the Air Force should be sent to the:

National Personnel Records Center (Military Personnel Records)
9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

The veteran’s full name should be printed or typed, so that it can be read
clearly. The request must contain the signature of the veteran or the
signature of the next of kin if the veteran is deceased. Include the
veteran’s branch of service, service number or Social Security
number and exact or approximate dates of service. If available,
include a copy of the discharge or separation document, WDAGO
Form 53-55 or DD Form 214. If possible, send the request on Standard
Form 180, “Request Pertaining To Military Records.” These
forms are available from VA offices or veterans organizations.


The SF form 180 mentioned in the VA instructions is available on line from the GSA website

Please contact us if you know of other USMLM unit awards & decorations
Feedback/comments to 

A private, not for profit organization

 Copyright © 1999-2002 USMLMA, Inc. All rights reserved